Want to improve your health while eating something sweet? Who doesn’t. The following 5 fruit choices are not only great tasting, but are also considered “super foods.” They are packed with good nutrition, and provide numerous health benefits.
- Apples – Rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, vitamin C, fiber and potassium. Linked to improvement in heart health, prevention of lung cancer and type II diabetes.
- Apricots – Apricots are sweet tasting fruits that are rich in beta-carotene and lycopene. Both of these work to combat atherosclerosis and various other cardiovascular diseases.
- Blueberries – Often ignored because they are not rich in vitamin C, blueberries are packed with antioxidant phytonutrients. These phytonutrients have been shown to improve intra-cellular “communication”, helping to reduce cellular mutations and the spread of cancer cells.
- Kiwi – Research on kiwi consumption reveals that it may be beneficial in reducing asthma related symptoms such as wheezing and shortness of breath.
- Oranges – Known for being rich in vitamin C, oranges can work to prevent cancer, improve heart health, prevent strokes, cancer, diabetes and more.
Do you eat these super fruits each week. Share some of your favorite recipes and ways to eat them below.
You must log in to post a comment.